Works Performance Products
While the Dakar version of BMW’s F650GS has a beefier suspension than the standard model, it was imperative I have a shock that will handle the relentless beating of hundreds of miles of washboard, potholes the size of Rhode Island and the squelching heat of the Sahara and Atacama deserts. That’s why I turned to Works Performance Products.
I’ve used Works’ Shocks for nearly 20 years. Each shock is custom designed and hand made to the individual specifications and requirements of the rider. In my case weighing in at 155lbs and another 100lbs or so of gear and the grueling roads of Alaska, South America, Africa and Asia, I’ve got my shock.
In 1973 Works Performance Products began producing unique off-road shocks, with a revolutionary damping system. At the same time, Works Performance started a tradition of winning championships. This same winning tradition goes into every Works Performance shock whether it’s for off-road motorcycles, ATVs, high-performance street bikes or custom cruisers. Each Works Performance shock is built to order based on riders weight, specific length requirements, chassis geometry and intended use. We have no "one size fits all" shock. For more than three decades, that’s been the Works Performance philosophy: shocks custom built to order. It sometimes takes a little longer to make them (as opposed to off-the-shelf) but we feel that the benefits in handling and comfort are worth the wait.
Works Performance 30-day "Performance Guarantee"
- Ryan Pyle: Tough Rides, Extreme Treks, and the Quest for Uncomfort Podcasts #29 & 30March 27, 2018 - 6:38 am
- Video Tease: Allan’s New TV Show PremiereMarch 13, 2018 - 6:48 am
- Allan’s TV Show Premiere on the Cooking ChannelMarch 10, 2018 - 12:51 am
- WorldRider Travel Show with Allan KarlJanuary 9, 2018 - 8:07 pm
- Yes he does, Chris! And he's got many more so stay tuned...May 27, 2018 - 1:13 am by allan
- Thanks Chris. I appreciate you following the adventures...May 27, 2018 - 12:21 am by Ryan Pyle
- Awesome Debbie! Thank you for tuning inandfor your help...May 13, 2018 - 12:37 pm by allan
- Damn those interviews were great. Ryan has such great s...May 13, 2018 - 3:26 am by Chris MacAskill
adventure Africa Allan Allan Karl America Argentina Argentina Buenos Aires Argentina South America San Martin de Los Andes Argentina Wine Las Balsas Arrayanes Trees Villa La Angostura Argentina Travel BMW BMW Motorrad Bolivia book tour Brazil Calama Car Chile Dakar Events F650GS Gastronomy Mendoza Argentina journey Karl Mendoza Argentina Wine Tasting Travel Motorcycle Mendoza Patagonia Mexico Motorcycle Namibia Ollague Pittsburgh PodCast Allan Karl Argentina Adam Pate presentation Race racing Rally Rwanda slide show South South America South America Chile Bolivia Calama Ollague Allan Karl WorldRider Motorcycle BMW Dakar Vermont Wine Chile South America WorldRider Allan Karl WorldRider WRC