Meet Jerry D’Alessandro, Television Producer, Showrunner, Travel Addict and One Time Rock n’ Roll Star
This podcast originated as the fifth episode of the Journeys Webcast and Livestreamed from Merida Mexico on May 11, 2020. We’ve edited this audio Podcast to remove audio from video segments, slide shows, and other areas where visuals are tied to the conversation. If you want to see the entire Webcast as it was live-streamed complete with all video content yu can watch the segment directly here on YouTube.
Check out this fifth episode and audio-only replay of the Journeys Webcast Livestream from May 11, 2020 — as I travel to Mexico and the colorful colonial city of Mérida. Here we join award-winning network television producer and global traveler Jerry D’Alessandro for an intimate look at what’s it like to be an ex-pat in the time of Corona.
- From Dejected Rock Star To Television Producer | How did a down and out rockstar after the brutal breakup of his band travel to Hollywood with only the shirt on his back change his life and become a big-time TV producer?
- Filming Top Rated Travel Shows | What’s real? What’s fact? The dirty secrets of travel show production. What kind of television will we see in the future of travel?
- The Realities of Expat Life In Mexico | How has Covid-19 impacted ex-pat life, and how are the local people holding up.
- Future of Casual, Adventure, and Business Travel | How will television shows cope with the new realities and how will travel impact not only the business of tourism but the attitudes and fears of travelers and tourists.
- Lost In A Lost World | Where will people turn to travel where they can explore, wander, and get lost in this new reality?
About Jerry D’Alessandro Meet Jerry D’Alessandro, a twenty-year television veteran whose extensive list of credits include “The Amazing Race,” “American Idol,” “The Weakest Link,” and many more. Jerry worked 11 seasons on the CBS Hit Show “Big Brother,” serving most recently as the show’s Co-Executive Producer. He served as Showrunner and Director for two international travel shows: The Emmy-nominated NBC series “The Voyager with Josh Garcia,” and the A&E series “Good Spirits.” Jerry is an incurable travel-addict and has produced television in 30 countries and 42 cities on five continents. Combined with his travels and adventures, Jerry counts 63 countries visited, including crossing the often difficult borders of Iran, Bhutan, and Myanmar. Today Jerry calls Mérida Mexico in the Yucatan his home.