Choosing a tire for a journey that will take me through virtually every terrain possible makes for a serious challenge. In the dirt, the best tire is a full-on knobby. On the street, a grippy round profile sport tire. But what if your journey is going to be through the hottest deserts, the wettest rainforests, the sand, gravel and dirt roads of Alaska, South America and Africa? The best dual sport tire I could find is the Avon Gripster. It is long lasting (I can get nearly 10,000 miles on the rear and more on the front with my fully laden bike) it works well in the dirt and gravel and is a smooth and confident at highway speeds. Plus, it’s very cost-effective — more mile for the buck.
- Video Tease: Allan’s New TV Show Premieres Tonight—Share and Tune In!March 13, 2018 - 6:48 am
- Allan’s TV Show Premieres This Tuesday on the Cooking ChannelMarch 10, 2018 - 12:51 am
- WorldRider Travel Show with Allan KarlJanuary 9, 2018 - 8:07 pm
- Happy New Year!
What’s Right With The World?January 7, 2018 - 6:56 pm
- Legendary, yeah, something about that episode made me want...March 19, 2018 - 6:45 pm by allan
- Hi Allan, Congrats on the show! We enjoyed the tour of...March 19, 2018 - 6:31 pm by Bob Bauman
- Thanks Bob! I appreciate your kind words and glad you'll...March 12, 2018 - 12:50 am by allan
- Allan, can't wait to see your new show! After reading your...March 12, 2018 - 12:48 am by Bob brady
adventure Africa Allan Allan Karl America Argentina Argentina Buenos Aires Argentina South America San Martin de Los Andes Argentina Wine Las Balsas Arrayanes Trees Villa La Angostura Argentina Travel BMW BMW Motorrad Bolivia book tour Brazil Calama Car Chile Dakar Events F650GS Gastronomy Mendoza Argentina journey Karl Mendoza Argentina Wine Tasting Travel Motorcycle Mendoza Patagonia Mexico Motorcycle Namibia Ollague Pittsburgh PodCast Allan Karl Argentina Adam Pate presentation Race racing Rally Rwanda slide show South South America South America Chile Bolivia Calama Ollague Allan Karl WorldRider Motorcycle BMW Dakar Vermont Wine Chile South America WorldRider Allan Karl WorldRider WRC