I’ve been carrying Lonely Planet guidebooks on adventure trips since the late 1980’s. Lonely Planet invented the genere of guidebooks for travelers looking to get off the beaten path. There are plenty of copycats, but nobody does it better than Tony Wheeler and Lonely Planet.
In planning my around the world journey not only did Lonely Planet’s vast selection of excellent guidebooks help, but the LP website complete with its Thorn Tree Travelers Forum community offered even more up to date information and insight on our rapidly changing world.
Lonely Planet is passionate about bringing people together, about understanding our world, and about people sharing experiences that enrich everyone’s lives. They aim to inspire people to explore, have fun, and travel often. And they strive to provide travellers everywhere with reliable, comprehensive and independent travel information.
The first place I go for information on history, culture, georgraphic, climate and travel information for anywhere in the world is Lonely Planet.
- Ryan Pyle: Tough Rides, Extreme Treks, and the Quest for Uncomfort Podcasts #29 & 30March 27, 2018 - 6:38 am
- Video Tease: Allan’s New TV Show PremiereMarch 13, 2018 - 6:48 am
- Allan’s TV Show Premiere on the Cooking ChannelMarch 10, 2018 - 12:51 am
- WorldRider Travel Show with Allan KarlJanuary 9, 2018 - 8:07 pm
- Yes he does, Chris! And he's got many more so stay tuned...May 27, 2018 - 1:13 am by allan
- Thanks Chris. I appreciate you following the adventures...May 27, 2018 - 12:21 am by Ryan Pyle
- Awesome Debbie! Thank you for tuning inandfor your help...May 13, 2018 - 12:37 pm by allan
- Damn those interviews were great. Ryan has such great s...May 13, 2018 - 3:26 am by Chris MacAskill
adventure Africa Allan Allan Karl America Argentina Argentina Buenos Aires Argentina South America San Martin de Los Andes Argentina Wine Las Balsas Arrayanes Trees Villa La Angostura Argentina Travel BMW BMW Motorrad Bolivia book tour Brazil Calama Car Chile Dakar Events F650GS Gastronomy Mendoza Argentina journey Karl Mendoza Argentina Wine Tasting Travel Motorcycle Mendoza Patagonia Mexico Motorcycle Namibia Ollague Pittsburgh PodCast Allan Karl Argentina Adam Pate presentation Race racing Rally Rwanda slide show South South America South America Chile Bolivia Calama Ollague Allan Karl WorldRider Motorcycle BMW Dakar Vermont Wine Chile South America WorldRider Allan Karl WorldRider WRC