One of the greatest success stories is of Jim Jannard, a long time motorcycle rider whose innovations and shrewd marketing have created one of the most exciting action and adventure brands worldwide — Oakley Products. One of the few companies that started in the motorcycle market and then pushed the limits and have created a true lifestyle brand — with great products to back it up.
I’m carrying a number of Oakley Products on my journey including shoes and eyewear. But perhaps the two products that excite me most are the half-jacket sunglasses with changeable lenses. If I find myself riding early in the morning or at dusk, I simply replace the sunglass lens withe a rose colored lens. This increases contrast and makes for riding in limited light much safer. Plus, I brought a pair http://oakley.com/ of Oakley’s Elite Special Forces S.I. Assault Shoe which is oil and fire resistant and has a tread that is sure on both rough terrain and slick wet surfaces. I don’t ride the bike with these shoes, but they’re perfect for a night on the town or a trek through remote villages of Bolivia or Nepal.
- One The Road Again: Eastern Europe 2018July 18, 2018 - 1:56 pm
- Ryan Pyle: Tough Rides, Extreme Treks, and the Quest for Uncomfort Podcasts #29 & 30March 27, 2018 - 6:38 am
- Video Tease: Allan’s New TV Show PremiereMarch 13, 2018 - 6:48 am
- Allan’s TV Show Premiere on the Cooking ChannelMarch 10, 2018 - 12:51 am
- Sounds great. I'll give Slovenia and Croatia a big hug...July 21, 2018 - 9:38 pm by Katy
- Katy, That sounds like a great plan! I'll do it! Leaving...July 21, 2018 - 7:22 am by allan
- Hey Allan, Have a great trip and if you get a chance check...July 21, 2018 - 1:28 am by Katy Bendel
- Yes he does, Chris! And he's got many more so stay tuned...May 27, 2018 - 1:13 am by allan
adventure Africa Allan Allan Karl America Argentina Argentina Buenos Aires Argentina South America San Martin de Los Andes Argentina Wine Las Balsas Arrayanes Trees Villa La Angostura Argentina Travel BMW BMW Motorrad Bolivia book tour Brazil Calama Car Chile Dakar Events F650GS Gastronomy Mendoza Argentina journey Karl Mendoza Argentina Wine Tasting Travel Motorcycle Mendoza Patagonia Mexico Motorcycle Namibia Ollague Pittsburgh PodCast Allan Karl Argentina Adam Pate presentation Race racing Rally Rwanda slide show South South America South America Chile Bolivia Calama Ollague Allan Karl WorldRider Motorcycle BMW Dakar Vermont Wine Chile South America WorldRider Allan Karl WorldRider WRC