From the Main Streets to the Back Roads of Mexico and Baja California
Meet Author • Foodie • Mexico Explorer
W. Scott Koenig – A GRINGO IN MEXICO
Please subscribe to my channel: http://bit.ly/wrytcs1
From Fish Tacos, Tequila, Mexican Street Food To Baja California Wine Country Cuisine
Meet Author, Food Blogger, and Mexico Expert W. Scott Koenig
For more than twenty years, Scott has explored the main streets and back roads of Mexico and Baja, California. He’s the founder and editor of the popular website and blog “A Gringo In Mexico (AGringoInMexico.com) that reports on Mexican travel destinations, food, culture, and adventure.
This is a replay of the 22nd episode of the JOURNEYS Webcast—Adventure & Discovery In The Time of Corona. Allan Karl and W. Scott Koenig chatted from two separate locations in San Diego when this show originally Livestreamed on October 19, 2020.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS SHOW:
- A Gringo In Mexico Travel/Food Website: www.agringoinmexico.com
- Seven Days in the Valle: Baja California’s Wine Country Cuisine (Scott’s book): https://amzn.to/3jebE75
- Top Ten Baja Bites 2019: https://agringoinmexico.com/2019/12/12/2019-top-10-baja-bites
- Escape To Baja | Cularinary and Taco Tours by Scott & associates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vtwgroup
- Virtual Travel Writing Group (moderated by Carla King: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vtwgroup
- Better Know A Ballot – Stephen Colbert’s Late Show Voter’s Guide: https://www.betterknowaballot.com
- 13 Rules For Life From A Life On The Road: https://worldrider.medium.com/13-rules-to-live-by-from-a-life-on-the-road-46c4248c7208
- Buy Baja Wines In USA – LMA Wines: https://www.lmawines.com
- Three Amigos Taco Tours: http://www.threeamigostacotours.com
- Subscribe to A Gringo In Mexico YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9jCetCtI3L3YG53VVlovVQ
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT LINKS
A Gringo In Mexico On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/agringoinmexico/
A Gringo In Mexico On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/agringoinmexico/
Scott’s Marketing & Graphic Design Business: www.koenigcreative.com
FOLLOW HOST ALLAN KARL WORLDRIDER AROND THE WORLD
• SUBCRIBE TO WORLDRIDER.tv YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/wrytcs1
• INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/worldrider
• BLOG: http://worldrider.com/blog
• FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/worldrider.pro
• GET MY COFFEE TABLE BOOK: https://amzn.to/2U5bPbd
• GET MY DIGITAL eBOOKS: https://apple.co/3p2tkGq
• WATCH JOURNEYS WEBCAST REPLAYS: http://journeyswebcast.com
• REGISTER FOR NOTIFICATIONS OF UPCOMING JOURNEYS WEBCAST LIVESTREAMS: https://www.worldrider.com/join-the-journeys-webcast-livestream/
• LISTEN TO THE WORLDRIDER PODCAST ON Apple Music: https://apple.co/3umK1Q9
MORE ABOUT W. SCOTT KOENIG AND “A GRINGO IN MEXICO”
Scott is the author of Seven Days in The Valle: Baja California’s Wine Country Cuisine. This full-color book profiles seven star chefs and their restaurants along Baja California’s burgeoning wine route through the Valle de Guadalupe. He also writes columns for DiningOut San Diego, SanDiegoRed.com, and DiscoverBaja.com and has been extensively published online and in print.
Scott is also the Food Expert for Baja California at XtremeFoodies.tv (formerly FoodieHub), an international culinary site curated by over 275 experts worldwide.
Not only does Scott share the treasures he discovers online, but he also organizes and guides public and private culinary tours of Baja California. Leading television producers from the Food Channel, BBC, KPBS, and the Culinary Institute of America use Scott as a fixer for film and video productions.
Scott appeared in Allan Karl’s television show pilot, “Ford Explorer,” for Scripps Networks’ Travel and Cooking Channels.
Scott is also the principal of Koenig Creative, a San Diego-based marketing, creative, and graphic design firm.
THIS SHOW TOUCHED ON THE FOLLOWING TOPICS & MORE:
1) Beyond Tacos & Tequila | How Mexico’s Baja California is changing perceptions as it transforms from a slippy little-known region to a globally recognized culinary and wine tourism destination. Does rampant development threaten its cultural personality?
2) A Gringo In Mexico | Scotts journey from blogger to food explorer and recognized author and critic. We talk about his upcoming book, “Food Blogger Confidential: Under the Sink with the Purveyors of Nom.”
3) Culinary and Cocktail Firsts in Baja | We uncover the origin of one of the world’s most famous drinks, salads, and street food.
4) From Street Food to Michelin Star Chefs and Award-winning Wine | The renaissance of culinary creativity in Tijuana and the Valle de Guadalupe—and the wine!
5) Locked Down | What Keeps a Baja Food Blogger challenged and busy in these challenging times.
ABOUT THE JOURNEYS WEBCAST WITH ALLAN KARL
The Journeys Webcast is produced by WorldRider Productions and hosted by Allan Karl WorldRider. The Journeys Webcast is a weekly live stream event where travelers, entrepreneurs, vintners, chefs, musicians, authors, speakers, and ordinary people living extraordinary lives come together for an hour of storytelling, inspiration, idea-sharing, and connection.
© 2021 WORLDRIDER PRODUCTIONS AND Allan Karl