Kidnapped By The Wine Gods In The Land Where Winemaking Began
A Journey From Government & Higher Education To Vineyards and Winemaking All Celebrating Georgia’s wine history and heritage.
Please subscribe to the WorldRider.tv YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/wrytcs1
Meet Andro Barnovi, One of the most recognized political figures in Georgia. Mr. Andro Barnovi is a founder and winemaker at Wine Artisans, a natural winery near Gori, Georgia. The winery has become known for the quality of wine and a large variety of experimental blends—but also a winemaker with an odd background.
This is a replay of the ninth JOURNEYS Webcast—Adventure & Discovery In The Time of Corona, originally Livestreamed on June 15, 2020 from Gori, Georgia with our special guest the former Chief of Staff to President Saakashvili, to Defense Minister of Georgia to Governor of the Khartli Region and Tblisi University Dean—and now Natural Winemaker and founder of Wine Artisans located outside Gori, Georgia
Wine Artisans winemaker, Andro Barnovi, is a former Governor of the region where he now works with grapes. Andro created the National Defense Academy of the country and served as Head of Administration of the outgoing President Saakashvili. He was Dean and initiator of significant reforms in Tbilisi State University and was Georgia’s first representative in NATO defense educational structures. Earlier in his career, Andro was a well known civil activist and military officer. In 2016, he abruptly quit and left the worlds of politics and academia to spend all his time in the vineyard. Today, he no doubt attracts the attention of a broad public.
This webcast touches on so many topics, including
- As Deputy Defense Minister of Georgia | What were the drivers and goals of creating the National Defence Academy of Georgia?
- The Russian occupation of Georgia | How does this impact the daily lives of the Georgian people?
- What makes Georgian wine different the most anywhere in the world?
- As senior advisor to former Georgian President Saakashvili | How is it to rule a country with ongoing Russian occupation? How was the Presidential Library created and how did it change after Andro’s role as its Chair?
- How did the wine gods kidnap Andro? | With such a rich history in winemaking, what does the future hold for Georgian wine on a global scale?
- As an academic and student of philosophy | What does Andro see as the future of Georgia in the region and the continued illegal occupation of two areas by Russia?
ABOUT THE JOURNEYS WEBCAST
The Journeys Webcast is a weekly live stream event where travelers, entrepreneurs, vintners, chefs, musicians, authors, speakers, and ordinary people living extraordinary lives come together for an hour of storytelling, inspiration, idea-sharing, and connection.
#winelover #georgia #webcast #Tblisi #Saakashvili #russia #russianoccupation #naturalwine #wine #winery #winemaking #indiginousvarietals #saparavi #music #livemusic #allankarl #worldrider #journeyswebcast